Monday, September 10, 2007

imeem

Music / songs is a integral part of my life, it soothes and relaxes me. I can remember growing up, listening to my parent LP records (they are in my house somewhere) being played in a big music box (It was the size of a cabaret). When the music box spoiled, the radio took over to keep me company in the lazy afternoon of my secondary school days.

And I loved the days when I installed a Bose sound system with NAD amplifier into my hostel room. The acoustic was pure joy to the ear. I was in audio heaven and my pride sparked off a competition among my hostel mates to get their own better HiFi sets. :)

When I started working, the most loved purchase I had was a pair of PSB Image 1B speakers paired with NAD 320BEE integrated amplifier with NAD CD player 521i. (Yes, they are outdated now but they served me well.)

Today, I discovered imeem, an online audio streaming which allows me to embed audio track in my blog entries. I chose tracks whose lyrics and melody conveys the right mood and feeling matching the entry I write.

The track in this entry is used during the warm up routine during my gym classes. Its easy slow rhythm is very suited for the stretching. I am very surprised when I discover the lyrics is about a guy tormented by a unfaithful gf and wishing her to suffers the same fate. It would been very relevant in some of the older blog entries. However, I learned to be more forgiving and to let go.

What goes around comes around - Justin Timberland

No comments: