Wednesday, August 22, 2007

He spoked

Big Boss called for a team meeting and updated everyone on the next steps in the new project. I expects him to talk about the new team structure and about my predecessor coming back. I felt he did not approach the subject of what happened to me directly. I felt he dropped 2 hints indirectly on it.

He started off speaking how difficult it will be to work with the vendor for the new project. And he said if anyone who do not wish to work with the vendor, can approach him directly and he would assign him to another area in the office. [Hint #1] On the same sentence, he said everyone in the room is too valuable and there will work to be found.

Then, he mentioned how two new position will be created and they will report to him directly. My predecessor will take one of the new position ("Technology Manager") because everyone respects him for his expertise [hint #2, indirectly saying I do not have the team respects].

In summary, he is saying everyone is valuable and the predecessor is coming back because he represent the best choice to bridge between the team and the project. I respect and admire Big Boss manner of conveying the hidden messages. Here is a lesson I can copy from.

Looking back on how I could not earn the team respect, could be due to the lady boss treatment towards me. The team simply mirror the way she does not show me respect for my technical decision. There many examples. That my side of the story.

Now, it was for me to pin-point exactly when she started doing so and how I contribute towards it even though she is a bad manager. So that I can learn a lesson from it.

Today meeting may have secure my immediate future for the next few months. But looking into the future, I wonder what will be chemistry with lady boss and the predecessor in the team. I know the lady boss respects the predecessor. The question is how the lady boss will decide if I disagree with the predecessor technical decision. It may not be in an objective manner given she have sided with other against me before on non-objective basis.

Guess my decision to continue looking out will be a wise one.

No comments: