Saturday, August 25, 2007

2007 review

This year been pretty tough, both career and love life. Looking back, I may have been too confident and sure of myself on the decisions I make. Like a inexperienced youngster daring to take on the world. And how the cruel world discipline me on the many life lessons. I must remember them.

It is strange that I once thought that both the ex company and my ex are the ONE for forever. I can remember telling myself so, especially the word "She the one" appeared in my head when I first saw her. And yet today is so different. I no longer with that company and I no longer with her now. Looking back, there must be a consistent thread to be found across all the dis-hearting episodes on my year 2007 life.

Frustration in work will cause stress in me and make me shut down as i struggle to comprehend to find the cause. Now, I must not let work problems affects my identity and self-esteem and remember it is always a contribution of the parties involved. To increase my radar sensitivity and be on my guard, I will remember the cruel methods and behaviorisms of those bad bosses I encountered this year. I now know my work life influences my love life heavily. At least, its not work that was the cause.

A friend taught me this about choices in life, use one criteria in determining the next step when facing a fork in the road ahead. And in the weeks ahead, I see another fork coming and this time I must be careful and decides on the one criteria to use.

This year is tough and keep telling myself to see from a future self; What advise would a future me tell myself today?

Rihanna - Dont stop the music

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are still four months to go in 2007. A lot change in a short time.

Nomad said...

hey you. seems like a tough period but i have absolute faith in you that you will come thru!! We all have our moments, that's how life is about, the ups and downs, a roller cooaster ride. I am sure you will only come out stronger and wiser from these tribulations my dear fren.

Anonymous said...

Be positive!! It's not how we start that matters but how well we end it. There are still a few more months before the year ends. Surely there are little positive and happy things that r worth remembering this year. U can choose to focus on the good n keep declaring that there are more good moments to come, or on the bad to make urself feel miserable and cynical. :)