Monday, August 06, 2007

Childhood friend

Last Monday, 30-07-2007, I met up with Huat Sing, a long lost childhood friend.  When our age are less than 10, we went to the library together, our mum cooked noodles for us to eat when we are at each other houses, and generally we played together.   He was my best pal then.  We started drifted apart when we were in secondary school.  I guess the reason was much of my own doing as I started to had  different interests from him.

Meeting up with him again bring me back to my childhoods.  He is still tall, married with 2 sons and looked fine and healthy.  He found me via Friendster and it was really a wonder that we are connected again.  We had chicken rice lunch at Deport Road, chatted over what happened in our lives, how NS changed us, what happened to us after O levels, where our career are going and chatted about our love life.  

He achieved much thru persistence and hard work to reach where he is now and I admire him for it.  And when we parted, even thought I sensed that it will be a while before we meet up again because of the different stage of life between us, I will make effort to keep in touch with him, for he represents a page from my past when life is gentler, much happier and very care-free.


No comments: