Saturday, October 13, 2007

MOF @ My Izukaya

Last Thur, at MOF (@ Marina Square), E told me I should correct one of my older post that I was referring to my ex and not her when we met up for dinner.

Over nice Japan theme decor and jap rock-pop music, we had soba and tried that the unique white clear Japanese jelly desert that claims to be healthy and good for slimming. The food was too salty for her but was ok for me. It was obvious that she was very angry and annoyed over a lazy work colleague as she shared stories of his bad work behavior and poor quality word.

Beside this, we talked about about apologizing. Her view is it better to hear words of apology then to seeking repent (i.e. desire not to do it again) because repent requires time to verify that it would not happen again.

I agreed with her and I would still require the person to sincerely regret her action and demonstrate repentance when time cames. Because, I believe if one really loves someone, one would not intentionally hurt the person again and word plus action is so much a stronger prove of a person sincerity. And I fill the time till then with conversation where the answer hints on how well the person learn not to do it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought we were discussing if we were fine with people who refuse to apologise verbally? I said it's much better to hear an apology 1st than sit and wait for an action which may need time/chance to fulfill. Of course, repentance should be shown too! Else, they'll just be empty words, no? But at least in the meantime, you would've had an apology :)

ethan said...

Yup, I agreed with yr comments. We have the same expectation. Guess did not express it well enough in my post. :)