Monday, October 01, 2007

First Day at work

After clearing HR procedures, arrived at my office desk and discovered my laptop not here yet. Subsequently, attended a meeting where the Sector Architects presents their Enterprise Architecture for the bank. My role was pretty much doing much listening and absorbing the materials presented.

Heck, this place is well organized and much of the structural problems with biz and technical are discussed publicly and acknowledged. My colleagues sure know their stuff and very technical.

As expected, web emails and IM are blocked by corporate firewall. Looks like I am disconnected from outside world from today onwards. Not looking forward to checking my emails at home often. They finally gave me a temp PC in the afternoon, till my laptop arrives next week.

1 comment:

Nomad said...

congrats on your new job!!! 3 Cheers to that!!!