Tuesday, October 02, 2007

End of 1st week

Walking a few meters from my desk, I can sometimes see tiny bum boats traveling away from Esplanade to Clifford Pier from the 25th floor of Millenia tower. Esplanade looks beautiful in the afternoon sun, its static shiny silver triangle dragon scales contrast against the rolling green-blue sea.

The quietness of my surrounding does not help in absorbing the very dry writing of the technical documents for the project I am assigned to. The reading got easier after I figured the map of the document and begins to understand why he structured the document so. Beside reading, this week had been spent coming to term with the banking industry jargon and the company lingo.

The last two days been spent in Suntec conference room (with tea breaks and lunch provided!), listening to the roadmap for the systems to be delivered over the next few years. The planning are explained in terms of countries roll-out and is very international focus. The systems are built by the company development units (DU).

What gives a warmth fuzziness feelings in my body was hearing the boss of these DU explaining that my department must be involved in reviewing and solutioning for large scale or strategy projects. I hope its mean software architectures and planning plays a important role in the success of the company.

Is it reasonable to say that the industry recognition of software architects are due to the hard to enhance systems due to poor architecture and multiple of software systems that together subtract value away from the company?

I starting to have a nice feeling here. Hope the feelings continues as the weeks go by.

2 comments:

Nomad said...

Have faith! I am sure this will be a start of a beautiful chapter

ethan said...

Thanks for the encouragement. :)