Sunday, June 24, 2007

Movies, TVs....

In my youth, I read somewhere about how our current Prime Minster, LHL, do not allows his children to watch TVs but ask them to read the newspaper only. I forgot the reason and logic behind his rule but I understand why he does it now.

This recall came to my mind when I realized what I watched in movies and TV are not true representation of real life. They should be taken as a suspension of reality that does not depicts accurately real life in them.

I am not talking about the plot and how everyone knows movies/TV are just not real. I talking about but of the way the actor/actress played and interact with each other in the depiction of the story. The seduction is that their lines and interaction is a mirror of real life, by its very nature allows everyone to follows the script, which here lies the fallacy that it can be believed because it is so familiar. Familiar because the essence and theme is found in very every movie. For movies follows a stereotype script that everyone been "trained" to know how a start reached the end, all within that 2hr of movie magic time.

I am saying all this because I am starting to realized how dynamic and fluid is the complex world of middle and upper managements. Of how a simple sentence of spoken words can convey tons of meaning to the opposite party for interpretation, using it to influences and take advantage. Of why my current boss tell me that I am young.