Monday, June 11, 2007

Life Values

I realized now that it is very true that my life values will determine whether I am happy at work. Looking back at my days in a SI environment, my values of delighting the customer with superior solution conflicts with need to deliver the project on time at cost by delivering a just workable solution.

Now I understand it was not problem of me not suitable for PM role but that the role is in a environment that does not matches my values. It is not just government projects that disinterest me but any projects in an SI environment.

G helped me to arrived at the conclusion that I am not interested in government projects. It is only now that I realized it is really SI projects that is the problem.

It is obvious to me that I am much more capable for the current role in Chubb. So it is now a question whether I stay to savour the work/life balance or move on. Again, I need to think more and discover what I want.

Erasure - A Little Respect

No comments: