Saturday, June 07, 2008

Taxis driver

He spoke in a fluent, elegant and perfect English. His slim frame and angular face fit well in coolie environment. From his speech, I know he is not the typical taxis driver, he is someone who is well educated and have more experience compared to me. Yet, he is driving me in his well-worn nondescript SMRT car to my destination.

"I am happier now. Responsible for myself only and occasionally have nice customer, like you, to talk to and share our thoughts. I used to have 80 people working under me and I did not enjoy it. I decided to wing up the company and do this. I am a more happy person now." He said.

Dai Lama said life purpose is to be happy. How true it is. It does not take riches or high position to be happy. Material things only bring ephemeral joy. To be positive and happy is all in the mind.

No comments: