Monday, November 27, 2006

How to not to gives advices?

A few year time back, MS husband helped me to narrow down what I looking for in a mate by asking me many difficult questions. One question that stood out is - what is the one criteria to choose from in a mate if I only have one criteria to choose. I could not answer him correctly and I cant remember exactly my answer.

His own answer for himself is his future mate must be caring. To care means to be patience, to have love and willing to share the bad times.

MS 's husband asked those questions so that it can help me find my own answers. He believes that it is the best way to help me to decides. That belief cames from a man who manages more than 100 people.

And I agree with him. The best way to give advice is not to give them but to help the person find the answer to his own questions by asking question that challenges his hidden reasons, reasons which he is unaware of.

It takes life experiences to know how to ask such question. And it is always easier to share it than to learn from it.

Hoobastank - The Reason

No comments: