Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lessons in Work

Before I joined this company, a friend wished me the best of luck. And another predicted one year of services will be good enough.

From the past year, there many lessons learnt. Not much on technical but many on politics skills and manipulative tactics. In an environment where people move behind your back (even bosses) to create a situation of uncertainty, the ones who can stand up to meet boss demands are the ones who move ahead even if they are unable to deliver and do not really understand how to deliver.

To survive means to learn fast, recruit allies and adapt quickly. It is amazing that the company can still continues to move forward in such environment. And I sometimes wonder would I even perform better given what I learnt now in my previous company.

I believe God placed me here to toughen me for His work ahead. And praise Him for faithfulness and believe in me to do His work.

Amen.

No comments: