Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Cream Chefs

Once upon a time, someone excited me with a biz idea that touches on one of my favourite food. It is about turning the act of serving ice cream into a more restaurant experience. She took the idea from a ice cream franchises, named Cold Rock, in Australia.

The idea was to cook ice cream with customer chosen ingredients like MARS bars, candy, cereal flaks etc with their favourite ice cream. I was excited and wanted to plan how to bring it to Singapore. The idea died when I calculated the cost involved and my supposed be partner suddenly turned disinterested (maybe due to her father influence).

So it is a nice surprise when Princess bought me to this neat tiny place in Siglap that executed the idea above. Ice Cream Chefs is run by mostly young adults/teenagers and it is always crowded the two times I been there. Here, the ice cream is home made and they "cook" the ice cream with your choice of toppings.

Here a picture of the cooking tool on a very cold stone. :)


The favour changes often and I chose a mocha favour mixed with cashew nuts. The ice cream is creamy and well-mixed, soft and blended nicely. Overall, a enjoyable experience.




Likely, will go back again and to scout out the food around the siglap area.

No comments: