Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Higher Ground / Idde Schultz

This song is very rare, hard to find. Google offers no direct matches. Torrent and emule did not offer any hits. Yet, its melody and lyrics are simple and beautiful, deserving to be found.

Luckily, there is blog entry that offer a clue, to search into Google groups. And that finally leads to the english version. The song is originally in Swedish (You can find the original song in Youtube). A smash hit in 1995 (in Sweden). The original title is Högre mark (Higher Ground.)

And finding the lyrics online is a unsolvable challenge. I have to get the lyrics in the old fashion way, by listening to it.

Do let me know if there correction required (especially in the 4th stanza)

Updated (20 Oct 2013)
You can find the song from Amazon at this Higher ground [Single-CD] link.

Higher ground by idde schultz

hey you
it is not that i looking for good news
not expecting any changes in you
no no that not why i am back

hey you
i did not came back to your house again
to find out if you have a brand new friend
it was long ago that i was sick with desire

[Chorus]
I just wanna know a secret
And find out if there is
A blue blue heaven for the bitter
Where we could fly and then land again
On higher ground

hey you,
do u remember when the nights awake
look picture at ice cold space
on a arise as such
when nothing can happens.

[Chorus]

hey you
it is not that i looking for good news
not expecting any changes in you
no no that not why i am back

hey you
i should ask myself the reason why
I think i see the answer in yr eyes
it is a color that, and is not the one I remember

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot for your post. i love this song;

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I've been looking for this for 15 years!

Saleena Teh said...

By the way, do you have the song? I have been searching for it but no hits. Thanks to you I found the Swedish version on youtube and I am still looking for the English version.

Oh, and I made some changes to the 4th stanza but still needs confirmation. Running it through my Swedish friends now.

Thanks loads

Anonymous said...

hey man thks but any idea if youtube has the english version? I love it! But can't seem to find it sigh

Kenny said...

i have the song in English :) 192 kbps

Anonymous said...

check this link
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/4845022/idde_schultz_higher_ground/

Anonymous said...

oh my god! i finally found this! i have been looking for this for a very long time. it doesn't help that they don't play this song any more on the radio. i love this song. thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the metacafe link. I've this song 13 years ago but the disk got corrupted.

Anonymous said...

Thank you been looking for this song for 15 years. :))

stardust979 said...

to add on to my earlier post, I'm also Singaporean, been looking for this song for ages since JC days..even on internet. I saw you put this up in 2009, I think I gave up looking in early 2009. Thank you!

Nelson Tay said...

edited the lyrics as below:

Hey you,
it is not that i am looking for good news
not expecting any change in you
no no no that's not why i am back

Hey you,
i didn't came back to your house again
to find out if you got a brand new friend
it was long ago that i was sick with desire

[Chorus]
I just wanna know a secret
And find out if there is
A blue blue heaven for the bitter
Where we could fly and then land again
On higher ground

Hey you,
do u remember when the nights awake
look picture at ice cold space
on a arise as such
when nothing can happens.

[Chorus]

Hey you,
it is not that i am looking for good news
not expecting any change in you
no no no that's not why i am back

Hey you,
i should ask myself the reason why
I think i see the answer in your eyes
it is a color that, and is not the one I remember

Mariano Herrera said...

Thank you!!! I've been looking for this song more than 18 years. Finally i've found in sound hound högre mark and then just here. Thanks!!