Sunday, June 21, 2009

Melaka 20 June to 21 June

I wanted a break from work the month before and planned an excursion out of Singapore. I was really looking forward to it and somehow the wait eroded the excitement for it.

Days before the trip, there was multiple signs that I should not go. Events that I am interested in were happening on those 2 days. Even work beboking me to stay back. I still went ahead. And amid in it all, I encountered the Singaporean family I met in turkey, which is a good sign.

Overall, the trip will be more enjoyable if I had planned more and chosen the correct people to go with.

Jonker Street Chendol (Jonker Desert 88)
Really love this chendol, and a must visit place whenever I go to Meleka.







The laksa is deliciously sourish and it does not use coconut milk in the soup base.






Finally we tried the Chicken rice ball. Personally, I prefer the singapore chicken rice with its loose and non-compacted rice. The rice was too squashed to tastes good.



Ole Sayan (average)
Aunty Lee was fully booked, so we tried this alternative Nyonya Restaurant. The gang agreed that it does not worth a second visit.











No comments: